In bullet-point form, because I’m not capable of anything else right now.
- Banshee is being an arse on Karmic on my desktop machine. Can’t figure out why. It freezes up when playing big files (podcasts are particularly affected by this), plays too fast sometimes (so it sounds like I’m fast-forwarding through songs) and other times just crashes for no apparent reason.
- So, I’ve switched back to Amarok in the mean time, though I don’t particularly like Amarok 2, and the way its UI behaves is irritating to me at the moment.
- I’ve more-or-less, bar some work for the reviewer, fixed bug 471974 which should mean that bugs with lots of subscribers shouldn’t time out any more. Hurrah for asynchronicity.
- People keep marking as favourites old photos of mine on Flickr, from the days before I considered myself worthy of having people in front of my lens. Not that I don’t appreciate it, but I’d rather people liked the newer stuff.
- I had a crisis of confidence last night (again; how boring you must think me) about photography, mostly, and where I think I want to be. I’ve made peace – for now – with that particular demon; I don’t know quite where I want to go but I think I know some of the things I want to do on the way.
- I’ve been playing a bit with Tumblr today. I quite like it’s simple interface, and I suspect I’d use something like that quite a lot for things bigger-than-a-tweet-but-smaller-than-a-blog-post. Haven’t quite worked out how to fit it in with what I do though; maybe aggregating everything together through FeedBurner is the way to go.
- I finished reading Michael Moorcock’s Gloriana last night. Good book but didn’t really grab me all that much. Somehow it just didn’t quite sit right with me, and I don’t know why.
- Started reading The Lies of Locke Lamora today, for the second time (I never finished it the first time round because I foolishly left the book on a plane in Schoenefeld Airport in Berlin). It’s just as good as I remember.
Anyway, tired, can’t think, going to do something that requires no brain.