Bullet points, because I'm not in much of a mindset for much else.
Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket and:
- A D700x, which, no, hasn't been announced yet, but about which a Nikon rep made encouraging but vague noises about at Calumet's Manchester mini tradeshow yesterday (blog post and photos to come on that). I think that'll be my next upgrade, almost certainly.
- Some Bowens Gemini heads (I'm leaning towards the 500R/500R kit, but it's still pricey). I had been toying with the idea of Elinchrom Rangers but playing with the Bowens units yesterday I came to really quite like their rugged versatility.
- A Sun-sniper strap – they're hard to get hold of in the UK, or at least from Calumet. Might try The Flash Centre instead but they use CityLink for deliveries.
- A bucket with time in it, please.
- Oh, and if you've the spare cash, I'd quite like a Hasselblad H4D. I played with HD3II yesterday and am now getting seriously turned on to the idea of medium format.
Oh, and yes, I'm massively behind with posting Countdown photos and videos. You'll live.