Five times, now, I’ve tried writing this post. Five times I’ve not been able to complete it, mainly because every single time I did it I found myself hedging around the point because I was too embarrassed to actually write it and put it out there for the consideration of you, the cognoscenti. So this, the sixth time round, I’m going to just write it and have done with it and see what happens, come what may. So here goes:
Any of you want to be a photographic model for me, or want to be photographed for any reason?
Here’s my thinking, in bullet points (because once again not using bullet points led to much wandering about and not getting to the point on my part):
- I’ve been doing serious but non-professional photography for over a year now.
- I’m reasonable at it (shush, Bacon).
- I want to get better.
- I would also like to do some professional work in the future (though I’m not in a rush yet).
- To do 4 I need to build up a portfolio of work.
- Though I already have a portfolio of sorts, it’s not got all that much in it in the way of people shots; portraits, head shots and the like.
- 6 Needs to be rectified if I’m going to do 5 and therefore achieve 4.
- To be able to do 7 and therefore 5 and by extension 4, I need people to photograph.
- Therefore, it follows that I need to advertise somewhat.
… and so we find ourselves here.
So, if you want to be photographed or you know someone who wants to be photographed or you just fancy offering your services to me as a model if we happen to be geographically co-incidental at some point in the future, please let me know. You can leave me a comment here, send me a Flickrmail (if you’re on Flickr, of course) or email me at
As far as remuneration is concerned, well, here’s the deal:
- I’m not going to ask for money, except, perhaps, to cover costs (so, if you want me to shoot you for something specific, like a present for someone, I might ask you to contribute towards the cost of printing, since we’d want the work to look the best it could).
- I’m happy to provide you with prints of the best work to come out of more experimental sessions (i.e. ones where you act as a model for me) free of charge (this, I’ve discovered, is known as Time For Prints). Additionally, I’ll happily provide you with a CD or DVD of the work.
Above all, I want this to be fun. I want everyone involved to enjoy themselves, so if you do want to help me out then let’s make sure we have a good time doing it.